Thursday, May 4, 2017

It's May! YAY!

We are just about three weeks out from the wedding now! 22 days, but who’s counting? ;)
We have come a very long way in preparation since our last post! We have pretty much everything ready to go; we just have some final meetings and details to iron out before the big day. So we have figured out all of our song selections, food selections, did our cake tasting and decided on cake flavors and design, ordered a bunch of miscellaneous items, sent out invitations, ironed out order of ceremony, the list goes on! There are so many details to consider and luckily we have a crew of people helping us get ready! For one, my parents have been a massive help. We have weekly “wedding meetings” in which we go over where we’re at, who needs to do what still, questions we need to ask vendors, what needs to be purchased, etc. These have been very necessary for staying on top of things! I also have a few of my bridesmaids working on some tasks for me, and am always getting people offering to help in any way they can. It is so nice to have that help!
We have a final meeting with our photographer tomorrow and a final meeting with our venue and coordinator next week, I also have my hair and makeup trial next week, and a few other miscellaneous things! I am currently preparing gifts for the bridal party and writing out a very detailed timeline of events and things to remember day of to hand out to everyone in the bridal party. I am having way too much fun with that, but what can I say, I like to be organized!
            So another big event that is happening next week for Jeremiah and me are our graduation ceremonies!! As of today (for Jeremiah, I finished Monday) we are both done with our degrees! For me, a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and for Jeremiah a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering! How cool is that?? It hasn’t really sunk in for me fully yet, perhaps because I am going back to school in August. But I can’t wait for the ceremonies next week, because I am sure it will feel real then! Jeremiah is done with school forever (or at least for the foreseeable future) and I am so proud of all of his hard work and accomplishments! Yet again, he managed to maintain a 4.0, which is just incredible. All the while, maintaining a TA job, looking for jobs in Denver, and helping with wedding tasks.
            I am very proud of how I finished off my time at ASU, both GPA-wise and otherwise. Looking back on my time in undergrad I am really amazed at all that I was able to fit in the four years. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone on multiple occasions and tried a bunch of new things, and that really helped shape an amazing four years. In my four years, I was part of the Leadership Scholarship Program, I tried out three different clubs (Devils Advocates- 2 years, Honors Devils- 2 years, Nutritional Health Awareness- 1 year), I worked at Gammage for 3.5 years, I worked as a Community Assistant for one year, worked as a PT Tech for just over a year, worked as First-Year Success Coach for one year. I also studied abroad for a semester, backpacked Europe, road tripped from AZ to FL, attended a ton of ASU football games and a few other ASU sport events, worked in a research lab for a semester, and completed an Honors Thesis. And even with all of those things, I am sure there are things that are missing; all of the day-to-day things that I did that I am going to miss. All in all I am so glad that I chose to go to ASU, but more importantly, I am so glad that I decided to make the most of my experience in undergrad. I tried things that I didn’t like and I tried jobs that really tested me, but I learned from each of them, and found new experiences to try! I am so proud to be graduating as a Sun Devil!



            I’ll wrap up with some specific events of the past month or two. Last Friday I attended my senior banquet for the Leadership Scholarship Program. My parents and Jeremiah came with me and it was such a great night. The committee did a great job putting the program together, we had some great speakers, a fun senior video, and we all received graduation stoles as our parting gift! LSP was one of the experiences in college that shaped me the most, primarily because I met some really incredible people who were with me all four years.




            This past Monday I went to a luncheon for Gammage’s graduating student workers. I started working at Gammage during my freshman year thinking it would likely just be a short time, but three years later I was still working there! I just had my last shift last week and it was a sad day! My boss was seriously the greatest, she is so funny and just really helpful. Plus my coworkers were all so nice and fun to work with. And who doesn’t love getting to watch Broadway shows for free? The lunch was a really nice end to my time working there, my boss Virginia said some nice words about working with me, and we all got a really nice Gammage mug. Grateful to always be part of the Gam Fam!


            I pick up my wedding dress on Monday and can’t wait to see it with the alterations completed! YAY! The day is getting so close, but still feels pretty surreal!

3 comments:

  1. Love you, Hannah! So proud! You made me cry... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Aunt Gail! Can't wait to see you in just a few weeks!

      Delete
  2. Hannah, you made me cry too! It seems not so long ago we played I spy while waiting for the kindergarten bus...
    Love you lots,
    Ms Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete